Post by Blog Manager Robbi Hess
I’ll admit there are times/days (yes, today is one of them) when I have to dash off a blog post quickly. The reason for this is due to, honestly, to my poor planning and to lack of organization this week and it slipped my mind in the midst of running to and fro.
If, like me, you find yourself in a time crunch when it comes to writing an article or penning a blog post, here’s my 15-minute take on getting it done, NOW! Bear in mind, this requires pre-planning so on a day when you’re not in a rush, take the time to set stuff up so you can work in a rush if the need arises.
Here’s my top five list of getting your article written:
- Let your ideas simmer on the back burner. If you’re always thinking of writing and what you might want to write about, your mind gets in the habit of snatching thoughts and eventually turning them into full blown ideas. Think you want to write about how to grow your social media following on Facebook? Stick that thought in your mind and let it simmer on the back burner. Once you’re ready to sit down and write, voila — there it is.
- Keep an idea journal. An idea is a terrible thing to waste. Always carry an idea journal with you and jot down article ideas, thoughts, and intriguing topics wherever you are. Don’t trust your mind to keep track of your ideas for you. They are fleeting.
- Think in snippets. Top Tens. Bullet points. Lists. How-tos, etc.
- Use your words wisely. Keep your post short. Remember, longer is not always better!
- If you have it, use it! Don’t hoard your good ideas for a better time. If you have a great idea and you need to write something, use that idea NOW. There is no time like the present and if it’s an idea that intrigues you, chances are it will be easy to write.
Okay, now it’s your turn. Get writing!