5 Reasons To Blog… even if you haven’t written your book
Let’s face it… “everyone” is doing it. Blogging, that is. Maybe not everyone, but everyone who understands the power of a blog. If you’re an author, or a budding author or a wanna-be author you need to embrace the power of the blog.
- It’s habit forming. If you’re going to write a book you’d better be prepared to write… A LOT! If you’re blogging, even if it’s short posts, and if you do it regularly – daily, for example, you are building a great writing habit. Remember, writers write. If you want to write a book, but can’t get into a habit of blogging, do you have the wherewithal to plow through a book length project?
- You’re working your creative muscle. The more you write, the more you will write. When you train your brain for the writing habit, you will be more productive when you sit down at the keyboard. Also, the more you read and write, the better you get at it.
- What do you like? If you are blogging, you will quickly learn what you like writing about. You will just as quickly learn what you do not want to write about. A blog is a great stepping stone for your book project. Consider your blog as a book and you may even gain more momentum on your road toward becoming an author.
- You’ll have content to share. If you’re blogging you can join Facebook groups or other online outlets that allow for blog content sharing. If you’re trying to build your author platform (and you are, aren’t you?) writing and sharing blog posts before your book is published is an ideal way to do that.
- Build your voice. When you’re blogging you will quickly find your “voice.” What is voice? It’s your unique way of stringing words together. Voice is the way in which you communicate. Are you funny? Sardonic? Serious? Be true to who you are and let your voice show through.
Are you planning to write a book? Are you blogging? Where are you in the process of your book project and how far along are you with your blogging?
Need help achieving either, or both, of those writing goals? Drop me an email: Robbi AT LipstickingSociety DOT com